Did you see the craziness about the Starbucks Unicorn Frappuccino on Instagram last week? We did and it was giving us a little bit of FOMO, so we decided recreate the drink in a more-healthy, veganized way.
This recipe is a three parter, starting with the blue syrup and ending with the toppings. Feel free to skip the coconut whip or blue syrup (just because these things can be a little bit of a pain in the ass when making), because the pink smoothie is bomb on its' own. But, if you're an over-achiever and really want to go for it- make all three parts. And then show us your creation so we can have FOMO all over again. We're on Instagram and Facebook.
Vegan Unicorn Smoothie
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 cup frozen pitaya (or a tbsp of pitaya powder)
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- a few drops of liquid stevia
- ¾ cup unsweetened almond milk
- 3 tbsp non-dairy yogurt
- ¼ tsp spirulina
- 2 tbsp coconut whipped cream
- freeze-dried strawberries
- freeze-dried blueberries
- Make the syrup. Combine yogurt with spirulina, mixing well. Swirl yogurt around glass (see video for technique). Place in freezer while making the smoothie.
- Make the smoothie. Add all smoothie ingredients to a high-speed blender, blend until completely pureed.
- Remove glass from freezer. Spoon in smoothie. Top with whipped cream and crushed strawberries and blueberries.